Ionized water is a very effective tool in any detoxification program, and I have seen some commercially although it's not widespread. Fortunately, I came across this recipe in Andreas Moritz's book The Liver and Gallbladder Miracle Cleanse. It is simple and cost-effective.
Simply boil fresh water for 15-20 minutes.
It's that simple. But, here are a few personal notes to help you make this more effective and efficient:
- Boil the water at a rapid boil. The ionization of the water occurs because of the boiling, much like water becomes ionized when it strikes the ground at the bottom of a waterfall or against the seashore.
- 15-20 minutes can seem like a long time, but if you boil the water during your morning routine, such as while you get dressed, you can quickly pour the water into your insulated mug before you leave the house. Fortunately, boiling water doesn't need to be watched.
- Boil more water than you need. Remember that some of the water will become steam. I recommend boiling 20-24 ounces to yield 16 ounces.
- Be sure to keep the water in the insulated container and to drink it while it is hot. The water will lose its ionic properties once it cools.
- Ionized water does not hydrate cells like regular water. The body only uses it to detoxify and cleanse tissues. It is recommended to take one or two sips every 30 minutes throughout the day. The point is to support your body in its natural detoxification process over an extended period of time.
- It is possible that in the first couple of days or weeks of using this cleansing tool, you may notice a white or yellow coating on your tongue. According to Moritz's book, this is just an indication of your body naturally clearing out wastes. I recommend increasing your fresh water intake (hydration) to help those clear out of your body more easily.
Moritz's book also comments that ionized water is great for helping you feel better when you don't feel well, are congested, or desire more energy. The reason for this is because ionized water neutralizes toxins within the body and turns them into fluid matter that the body can remove easily. And if you've got excess body weight, Moritz states that this cleansing method helps with that, too.
Source: Moritz, Andreas, The Liver and Gallbladder Miracle Cleanse: An All-Natural, At-Home Flush to Purify & Rejuvenate Your Body, 2007, Ulysses Press